Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 5- Daniel Fast


We'll we are on Day 5 of the fast. I spent today going to the store to stock up on some fruits and vegetables. I also like to take that opportunity to come up with some ideas for meals during my trip to the store. Todays' revelation- We are a society of 'Fillers"! Every label I read, made me realize that there is to many fillers and not enough of the "good stuff"! So I started to think about how we are paying more for less. And that made me think about the "veils" we wear each day. Sometimes we wear our veils when we are dealing with religion. We want to see only what makes us feel comfortable. We wear veils on the job. Because, to unveil ourselves may mean that we are left vulnerable to judgement. When Christ walked this earth, he had to walk in truth. Today, I was forced to look at the details of what is going into my body. I want only the "truth" to fill me not the "preservatives", or "fillers". Trust that today he will fill you with only the natural truth.

"But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."
2 Corinthians 3:14-17

Be blessed Everyone!!!!

Day 4 Meals
Breakfast Kamut Puff Cereal with unsweetened soy milk and blueberries (not so good)
Lunch Leftover Brown rice, mixed veggies with a grilled veggie pattie.
Snack Cashews mixed with Sesame seeds and Dried Cranberries
Dinner Whole wheat pasta with veggies, sweet potatoes sprinkled with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment