Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1-- Daniel Fast


So, today is our first day of the fast. I'm not sure how everyone else feels but, I'm very excited! I woke up in prayer reading Genesis and then still meditating on the verse from Joshua 1:9 " ... Be strong and of good courage; ...." Interestingly enough; I started to  think about everytime you are ready to make a change or take a step;  something seems to go wrong. I call that- DISTRACTIONS. Then your left there pondering IF, SHOULD I, MAYBE NOT and so forth. We'll, Im staying focused... thinking about those who are successful in life --they don't waist time on the road pondering IF, SHOULD I, MAYBE NOT. They keep moving.
That's empowering yourself to achieve what may seem like the impossible.

In the inbox I got 1Corinthians 3:19-20 "For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their craftiness," and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile." 

I had to break this one down and meditate on it. Then the connection was made. When I approached this fast; I made a decision that I wanted to clear out the clutter in my mind, body and soul. If Im focused on what God has planned for me I am not concerned about the "craftiness" of others. I am empowering myself by focusing on what truly matters in life. For me at this moment; it's a deeper walk with God, it's growing my business, and spending quality time with my family. If I spend time getting distracted; I loose valuable time in trying to make these things become a possiblity. What are your distractions in life? Are you focused on the "craftiness"  of others or the ways of the "world" we live in. Or, are you going to make a decision to empower yourself by staying focus on the plan that God has for you - in your life.  Ultimately, we are responsible for our own actions. Let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. To think that one may believe he or she is wise without God is tragic. He is the creator of all things and to know that He created us and gave us the vision, the ability, the gifts that we possess yet to not even give Him the respect to follow Him is again tragic.
    This fast has definitely opened my eyes and just knowing that the time is near when Jesus shall return to the Earth and He has given the world a blueprint and warning to draw closer to Him yet they do not listen. I am thankful that I am seeking His face during this journey and I am blessed to have someone like you to ask me to follow you on yours.
    Hope you don't mind I put a link to your page on my blog! :)
    I know you will be blessed throughout this fast and this year because someone will be blessed by this information who does not know Jesus!

    <3

    ReplyDelete