Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 4- Daniel Fast


Ok. I finally got the buzzing voice out of my ear. And now it's day 4 of the fast, I find myself in a mode of feeling content.

Content: ready to accept something: 
willing to accept a situation or comply with a proposed course of action.

"Willing".... How many of us are willing when a challenge is proposed to us to accept and surrender to the task? I mean in the days prior to the fast, I found myself excited. I kept thinking of various recipes I could try. Then the voices of "unbelief" crept in - trying to steal my joy. Then a sense of empowerement took over.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phillippians 4:13)
When you reach the moment of "willingness" - your spirit becomes still. You've taken that breath of fresh air and you in a relaxed state. Some might call it - 'Your in a zone'.

"I believe firmly, that the moment our hearts are emptied of PRIDE and SELFISHNESS and AMBITION and SELF SEEKING, and everything that is contrary to God's law, the Holy Ghost will come and fill every corner of our hearts; but if we are full of pride and conceit, and ambition and self seeking, and pleasure of the world, there is no room for the Spirit of God; and I believe many a man is praying to God to fill him when he is FULL already with something else. Before we pray that God would fill us, I believe we out to pray Him to empty us." - D.L. Moody

How powerful is that? This journey for me thus far; makes me think of how we carry so much 'clutter' that we are not even aware we are already FULL. We have indigestion and are walking around looking for a quick fix- a pill to mask the signs that tell us we need to take a course of action. We need to get rid of our 'clutter' and fill ourselves with nourishment.

"As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness; 'Prepare the way of the Lord, make this paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God." - Luke 3: 4-6

There is definately a shift occuring. So much; that even my children are involved. I've always told my boys that they should drink plenty of water. Eat their vegetables. The usual, "Hey, put that candy down! Grab an apple!" I get why they look at me with crazed eyes. Thinking to themselves that they only mimick the actions of their parents. Interestingly, the house is now  full of fruits and natural snacks. My husband and I will tease them and say, "Your eating mom and dad out of house and home". But Im tickled, when I have to replensh my bin with plenty of more fruits and vegetables. I don't mind that they are eating of  'good fruit'.

And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. _Genesis 1:12

Well today, I'm focused on removing the clutter and replenishing with my soul with powerful antioxidants. How are you refueling your mind, body, and soul?
Until next time!

Day 3 Meals
Breakfast: bowl of cream of wheat, topped with apples and strawberries, sprinkled with cinnamon
Snack: Slice of Ezekiel Bread (who knew) topped with organic peanut butter, and sliced strawberries
Lunch: Leftover pasta/ with chunky pasta sauce with fresh, diced tomatoes and a garden salad with cherry tomatoes, carrots, cuccumbers topped with  olive oil and vinegar and black pepper
Snack: Mixed of corn tortilla chips/veggie chips
Dinner: Jasmine Brown rice, with vegetable medley- zucchini, brocolli, carrots, red peppers, sweet corn....with a veggie, grilled pattie.






1 comment:

  1. You are normal, who ever thinks of what to replenish unless they actually have to reflect. Listen to him and he will lead you!!!! I love the food, looks good...

    ReplyDelete