Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 11-21- Daniel Fast



What's My Assignment Now?

Well today, is the last of the fast and I'm going to keep it short. This is a beginning to a whole new outlook in my life. I purposedly did not post for the second half of the fast so that I could force myself to go into a quiet place. A zone that I much needed. I realized I was so focused on what food, I would try. The true 'substance' of the fast was being masked.  In a zone I was forced into a quiet path; which helped me to focus on my walk with God. I'm very thankful for this experience. With the many distractions and temptations; I stayed obedient and stepped across these obstacles with grace.

Besides, learning how to be cautious of what goes into my body; I have become cautious of what goes into my mind. I can recognize the moment of a negative thought creeping into my mindset and quickly I shift that thought out. I begin to pray and go into the arms of my Lord; a place allowing me to overcome any obstacle as long as I focus on him.

"His leading is only for those who are already committed to as He may choose. To such it may be said: "God is able to speak loud enough to make a willing soul hear." "
-Lewis Sperry Chafer

Now willing, in submission to God's will; I'm moving forward into a transition stage. I hope to maintain these tools as I reflect on the strengths I've achieved along this walk. I know that each day brings a new assignment. But, walking in tuned helps to accomplish the task with 'power and grace'.

If you can give yourself a challenge, today- do so; you'll never know your true 'power' potential until you try.


Jesus full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert,
where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the
end of them he was hungry… Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about
him spread through the whole countryside. He taught in their synagogues, and everyone praised
him. – Luke 4:1-2, 14-15, NIV


Stay tune to Creatively Saving for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment