Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 10

We are at the half-way point!!!! A round of applause to us all!!! I just tried a smoothie. I took strawberries, pineapples, ginger and threw them in the blender! It was actually very good! My kids are pretty good guineau pigs. They smiled and gave me the approval! So I will definately have to make some again. Today's topic- "Unwavering Faith".

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in fath, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."- James1: 5-8

Wow! I read this passage and said to myself. "How many times do we ask God for something and he reveals it to us- and we question him when he answers?" The reason we question is because we have not come to the point of true submission to what God has for us.

I know there are times I struggle with this very thing. Recently, I made the decision to become a full time freelance graphic designer and illustrator. I have been commissioned on and off throughout the year to complete various projects. But, when my work from home position of seven years was eliminated; I felt angry. I went through a mixture of emotions. But, secretly I was asking God to use me in a way that I could use my talents to bring joy to many! I ASKED him to give me the ability to remain flexible to stay at home with my children and to be able to still have a source of income to provide for my household needs. When he answered with my position being eliminated; I went through various emotions that paralyzed me with fear. God answered me in his way. NOT in the way I expected. It wasn't until I came to the point of 'true submission' that I realized that I was in a better place. My body was giving me signs of being stress free. I would get a knock on my door here and there giving me leads to new projects.

You have to BELIEVE that you are BLESSED, you will PROSPER, you are FAVORED! "I can do all things through Christ who STRENGTHENS me!"- Phillipians 4:13

Everyone- BE BLESSED! and continue to BELIEVE that you can accomplish all through Christ who will strenghthen you!

Day 9 meals
Breakfast: Cream of wheat w/ Strawberries and raisins
Lunch: Whole Grain Corn tacos, w/ Veggie Sausage Patties, Sliced Yellow Peppers, Raw Spinach, with Salsa
Dinner: Cabbage Stir Fry with mixed veggies- red peppers, zucchini, grean beans - over brown rice
Snacks: Apple, cashew, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment